[rclis] Archive Ouverte en Sciences de l'Information et de la Communication

Jose Manuel Barrueco Cruz rclis@lists.openlib.org
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 05:25:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 derobbio@tin.it wrote:

> >  Why? I would allow users from anywhere,
>
> I agree, but only one server may be not enough.

	I would not set any restriction. We will have to do a lot of work
in getting authors on board. I hope to be wrong, but we sould not expect
lots of documents being uploaded in the first months. If just a server is
not enough, then it is because the service is working and we will have no
problem getting other machines... :-)

> For this reason we could need two server: one for Europe and other Countries,
> one for UK and USA...

	I told you, Antonella, about this possibility several weeks ago,
but now I think we could have problems with the maintenance of such
machines. We are very few people and should concentrate all our efforts
in creating an (may be multilingual) international archive for LIS.