[rclis] Archive Ouverte en Sciences de l'Information et de la Communication

Thomas Krichel rclis@lists.openlib.org
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:18:49 -0500

  derobbio@tin.it writes

> I agree, but only one server may be not enough.

  I am like JMBC here: I doubt we will be overrun by depositors.

> For this reason we could need two server: one for Europe and other Countries,
> one for UK and USA...

  Two servers means roughly twice the amount of work. Like JMBC, I
  doubt we can afford it.

> EPrints mechanism is quite different from NCSTRL.
> On Eprints it is the author himself who can post the works.
> Eprints runs wery well for institutional open archives.
> The affiliation, for the moment, is difficult to manage.
> Affiliations, author names would need better definition inside Eprints,
> and a relational structure.

  This we can do something about. Fernanda's money could
  pay someone to add additional features is this area. If you
  identify the gap, we can do something about it. We could
  make it interoperable with a rclis institutions lists. For
  LIS instututions, we could use a re-useable (i.e. AMF) version
  of Tom Wilson's directory.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                                   mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                              http://openlib.org/home/krichel
  CORRECT private phone: 1-718-507-1117   RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel