[ReLIS] ReDIF and Guildford Protocol

Antonella De Robbio derobbio@tin.it
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:48:55 +0200

To strike the final blow to ReLIS ;-), yet  in this list....

... Last summer we made up an Italian combined version of the documents on
ReDIF and Guildford Protocol, to be taken as a basis for instructional
material for the Italian DoIS people, useful for Italian DoiS site which is being
implemented.
Naturally we have to ask permission to Thomas about the translation rights ;-),
though this version is not a simple translation but is a reinterpretation of the
two texts  oriented toward a fine relational analysis of ReDIF, stopping short of
conversion issues between ReDIF and AMF or RDF.
Here is a Table of Contents in English:

ReDIF & Guildford Protocol

1: ReDIF

2: Guildford Protocol

3: Syntax of ReDIF version 1
3.1: The template types
3.2: The cluster types

4: Management information

5: ReDIF relational world
5.1: Taking anything by its Handle
5.2: Syntax and use of Handle fields
5.3: ReDIF-internal relationships

6: ReDIF-external relationships
6.1: Formats
6.2: Addresses
6.3: Time relationsships
6.4: Subject relationships
6.5: Relationships with bibliographic identifiers

7: Textual and numerical fields
7.1: Titles and names
7.2: Statements of version, edition, etc.
7.3: Part-Whole and Publication relationships
7.4: Size determinations
7.5: Abstracts or descriptions
7.6: Access and availability restrictions
7.7: Other information relative to Software and Documents
7.8: Place determinations for Institutions

8: Examples

Antonella
Reckless version ;-)