[ReLIS] Re: ReDIF and Guildford Protocol

Thomas Krichel krichel@openlib.org
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:54:48 -0500

  Antonella De Robbio writes

> ... Last summer we made up an Italian combined version of the
> documents on ReDIF and Guildford Protocol, to be taken as a basis
> for instructional material for the Italian DoIS people, useful for
> Italian DoiS site which is being implemented.  Naturally we have to
> ask permission to Thomas about the translation rights ;-),

  That is not a problem.

> though this version is not a simple translation but is a
> reinterpretation of the two texts oriented toward a fine relational
> analysis of ReDIF, stopping short of conversion issues between ReDIF
> and AMF or RDF.

  Sure. We are a bit in a limbo at the moment, with a lot of ReDIF
  still around, and not much AMF being done. I wish that I could
  offer more certainties here. My plan for the summer has two items:

  * work on OAI/AMF for RePEc

  * set up Open Library Foundation that will make it possible
    to raise money for the work.

  From what I have done, translation issues between
  ReDIF and AMF are not entirely trivial, though doable.

  Thanks for this good work!

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                              mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                         http://openlib.org/home/krichel