[CoDeP] the Betham case

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Dec 19 19:06:39 UTC 2016

  Christopher Baum writes

> Has the vetting committee come to a clear decision on Bentham Open?

  The last case we looked at was indeed Bentham, not Bentham Open.
  We did not see an econonomics-relevant journal in Bentham Open
  as to investigate.

> I have been copied on several messages, and there does not seem to
> be a consensus in those messages as to Bentham’s suitability. Please
> advise.

  I thought my last message conveyed the state of our rather ad-hoc
  play, that we don't have enough evidence on deceptive practices
  at Bentham to exclude the single journal that we think is relavant
  to economics.

  Sorry about the hand-waving, but this process is just starting.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel