[cgiapp] Multiple exception packages in CAD?

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Thu Jul 28 19:39:17 EDT 2011

Hi Tim

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 11:13 -0400, Timothy Appnel wrote:
> I was looking to figure out which exception package to use in a project[1] and thought I would consult CA dispatch to see what was being used. Why does CAD directly require two different exceptions packages? I understand that sometimes a dependency requires a package that is redundant to another or the one you selected, but that is not the case here.
>
> http://deps.cpantesters.org/?module=CGI%3A%3AApplication%3A%3ADispatch;perl=latest
>
> See lines 4 and 51 in this report currently.
>
> Could anyone shed some light on this situation?

I had a look at the source code for CAD, and it would be trivial to
patch to replace Exception::Class::TryCatch with Try::Tiny.

I suggest you just log a report with RT (or whatever the author prefers)
asking for this.

If I wasn't so lazy (today) I'd submit a patch myself. You could.

> Thanks.
>
> <tim/>
>
> [1] This is a major gripe of mine with the state of Perl. It's utterly ridiculous that something like this isn't standardized, but I digress.

I agree. It's a long story, and I can almost resist the urge to say
something ...

> Sent from my iPhone

No need to apologize - no-one's perfect - hahahahahahaha.

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622