[cgiapp] Multiple exception packages in CAD?

Timothy Appnel tim at appnel.com
Thu Jul 28 11:13:24 EDT 2011

I was looking to figure out which exception package to use in a project[1] and thought I would consult CA dispatch to see what was being used. Why does CAD directly require two different exceptions packages? I understand that sometimes a dependency requires a package that is redundant to another or the one you selected, but that is not the case here.

http://deps.cpantesters.org/?module=CGI%3A%3AApplication%3A%3ADispatch;perl=latest

See lines 4 and 51 in this report currently.

Could anyone shed some light on this situation?

Thanks.

<tim/>

[1] This is a major gripe of mine with the state of Perl. It's utterly ridiculous that something like this isn't standardized, but I digress.

Sent from my iPhone