[cgiapp] Anonymous home page editing?

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Tue May 17 18:25:17 EDT 2011

Hi Josh

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 17:52 -0400, Joshua Miller wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Jason A. Crome <cromedome at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We could just add reCAPTCHA to the wiki and be done with it.  I don't
> > believe it's difficult to do.
> >

> I may be wrong, but looking at the changes being made, they don't really
> appear to be machine-made. The same user added a link near bottom, then
> removed it, then moved it up a line. It may be machine assisted, but it sure

I removed it about 30 mins ago. Is that what you're referring to? The
auto-respond hasn't appeared on the list yet.

> looks like a person is involved, in which case a captcha isn't going to
> change anything.

True. Yet I just got various auto-responds, and can't see any changes on
this page, http://cgi-app.org/index.cgi?BestPractices so I'm not sure
what's going on.

> I attempted to look into kwiki, assuming that's the software used, and there
> is a 2.0 update (not on CPAN) that is supposed to have many enhancements.
> I'm not sure what sort of auth integration is has though, and since I'm not
> sure what the cgiapp site is running, I stopped reading at that point :-)

Thanx for the effort.

> Assuming there's some auth support, I'd assume it'd be as easy to pop in as
> captcha, though this may quickly lead to Emmanuel's suggestion and a
> completely update of the system.

Yep, we might as well consider it.

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622