[cgiapp] Future of the wiki

Paul Miller listmail at voltar-confed.org
Thu Feb 4 16:31:37 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Mark Fuller <azfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Lyle <webmaster at cosmicperl.com> wrote:
>>
>> I personally loathe Perl sites that use PHP.
>
> I used to feel guilty about what others would think if they knew I
> edited Perl with a non-Perl editor.

I don't think the analogy is quite right.  We're talking about a Perl
web application design tool.  If the website for it doesn't have some
kind of demo and in fact uses mostly PHP code, what good is the lib.
Maybe I should go look at PHP instead.  No, really, this is an
important point.

Look at http://jquery.com/ , http://flowplayer.org/ ,
http://www.phpbb.com/ , http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki ,
http://rubyonrails.org/ , http://www.web-app.net/ , etc.

I think it's important that the website selling a website tool at
least demo the product it pretends to be selling.

(Strictly speaking, I'm not so sure the RoR site is in RoR... how could I tell?)

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
114 jumps, 47.2 minutes of freefall, 90.4 freefall miles.