[cgiapp] Future of the wiki

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue Feb 2 03:10:53 EST 2010

ron at savage.net.au wrote:
> Before starting such a project, everyone needs to agree to support the
> definitive wiki syntax:
>
> http://www.wikicreole.org/
>
> Agreed?
>
> If you can't even agree on that, forget it.

Oh, fine! (deletes his pod-in-progress for Yet Another Mo Better Wiki
Syntax)

[more suggestions sniped]

> And lastly, are /all/ existing wikis unacceptable?

Yes!

> If so, why?

Because! Um, because they're not based on CGI-App of course :-)

> Does it matter if we a less-than-perfect wiki, when everything in life
> is less-than-perfect :-)?
 >
> My preference would be to use an existing one, since then our efforts
> can be directed to other things, rather than just reinventing the wheel.

You have better things to do than that?  The wheels aren't going to
reinvent themselves, you know!

Seriously, I'd prefer use an exiting Wiki, too, if the goal was just to
get some content "out there" in web editable form.  But we already have
that.  I'm thinking that the development of a cgi-app based Wiki would
be an enjoyable activity for the community, and could possibly result in
a Wiki that we would not only meet our content publishing and community
contribution needs but that would also serve as a best-practices example
of what can be built with CGI application.

-dave