[cgiapp] CGI::Application wiki page Examples updated by MarkStosberg

Mark Fuller azfuller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 22:31:11 EST 2010

> It's my last attempt to save the Wiki.

Sorry. What you explained made sense. If the daily edits could come in
a digest, that might be better (IMO).

A completely different idea: What I've seen work really well is

1. Use forum software (like phpbb, but you guys would probably lean
toward a Perl-based forum).
2. Use multiple anti-spambot techniques to join the forum (custom Q&A,
Captcha and Akismet).
3. "Newly Registered Users" have their first 5 posts approved by a moderator.
4. After 10-20 posts, add users to a "wiki editors" group.
5. Tie the Wiki's authentication to the forum's authentication, and
based upon whether the user is a member of the "wiki editors" group.

The nice thing about that is it keeps the readers closer to the wiki.
Long-standing readers can be made moderators to help with approving
new user posts. And, forums are a little more conducive to discussion
than email.

Maybe that would be overkill for 315 participants. Or, maybe it would
elicit more participants? (I know I tend to skip mailing-list groups
in favor of forums.).