[cgiapp] size of scripts and dependencies

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Sun Sep 20 10:17:09 EDT 2009

P Kishor wrote:
> Hi Richard,

> I am not sure what you are telling me above. If you are telling me how
> to install a persistent environment, I already know that. If you are
> trying to convince me that it is not difficult to install a persistent
> environment, well, then I don't agree. I think it is difficult and you
> think it is not difficult. That is a perception, and removing that
> perception is half the battle. Let alone the fact that for some
> reason, given seemingly exactly the same environment, mod_perl
> installed perfectly easily on my laptop, and just does not do so on my
> server (everything is Mac OS X). I say "seemingly" exactly as a

No, not trying to instruct you at all, just offering my experiences with
mod_perl installation, for anyone who's shied away from trying it, and
not realising you were using OS X. So not so much a difference of
perception but of experience. I would like to be able to offer some
suggestions why it doesn't install on your server, but cannot as I've no
experience with OS X (and wouldn't dispute yours). Reminds me of the bad
old days of development on Windows.

> Well, we are digressing, and this thread has been extended enough.

Agreed :)
--
Richard Jones