[cgiapp] HTML::FillInForm maintanence, patch idea

Terrence Brannon tbrannon at insuranceagents.com
Wed Feb 4 13:04:49 EST 2009

I am heavily dependent on HTML::FillInForm via C::A::P::FormValidator.

Everything is working fine, but I notice some valid bugs:
http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=HTML-FillInForm

and I notice no updates to any of his modules in more than 9 months:
http://search.cpan.org/~tjmather/?R=D

and I have an issue - you cannot pass an instance of HTML::Tree directly to
the FillInForm method. I would be happy to supply a patch, but it seems that
it would be blowing smoke in the wind based on how frequently TJ Mather
seems to be around.

Any feedback on this situation is welcome.