[cgiapp] Runmodes always being called twice

kropotkin enquiries at mms-oxford.com
Wed Feb 4 14:57:51 EST 2009

Hi

Thanks to both respondents. Both answers were very helpful.

It turns out to be a quirk or bug in FireFox possibly involving Firebug. A
CSS file  is included in a Web Page with a link tag; something like
href="/includes/css/myfile.css". I closed Firebug so I don't know if it was
that or FF but something was generating a GET request to to
/page_url/myfile.css every time the page was posted  to /page_url and I had
a mod_rewrite rule which caught /page_url/myfile.css and mapped it to my
instance script (treating myfile.css as some additional parameter).

The cluck tip was very useful as was the suggestion to look in the access
logs to see if the script was being called twice.

Thanks to both