[cgiapp] Re: strategies for decoupling HTML::Template

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sun Oct 21 02:59:02 EDT 2007

* Karen <karen.cravens at gmail.com> [2007-10-21 03:40]:
> Plus, how many Mason-only or TT-only modules are there out
> there? More than there are H::T-only modules, right? You can
> hardly begrudge us H::T users *our* occasional exclusives, can
> you?

Personally, I’m not picking sides. I don’t know what sort of
devil rode me when I picked TT, but despite initial experience it
turned out to be terrible. H::T had seemed appealing until I
tried it, before TT. Right now I am thinking that Mason or Petal
might be lesser evils (in different ways), but Mason puts me off
because it is full of framework gunk and Petal’s minilanguage is
about as bad as minilanguages can be. As far as I’m concerned,
for generating markup, every last one of the templating modules
on CPAN is dreadful. I’d rather not be needlessly forced into
*any* of them.

Regards,