[AMF-talk] RePEc AMF Data Set for BKN

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Thu Feb 5 13:03:22 EST 2009

  Frederick Giasson writes

> Is JEL currently only used as classification taxonomy? Are you aware of
> any entry using MSC2000? (or any other taxonomies)

  I don't think there is anything else. The data and checking
  files should be ready for other, but that depends how for
  one wants to push XSD checking. XML Schema seems a dead-end
  technology to me but I could be wrong.

> Additionally I noticed that an article was using the JEL ID "Z0".
> However this ID is not existing. Is it assumed that all "*0" are
> resolved to "*"? (example, Z0 == Z, A0 == A, etc).

  I think so. But that's a general aera of confusion in the JEL.
  I really don't do any transformation with the JEL codes, I just
  report them. For the moment, I suggest you make that transformation.

> Also, you have a "book" that is a "text" and a "book" that is a
> "collection". When you wrote this specification, what did you have in
> mind (the differences) between these two different kind of books?

  Not really. Please send me these records and I will examine them
  manually.

> Last question for now: what was the incentive to create "containers"?
> The thing here is that I think these "containers" could be seen as
> "nouns", no?

  No, it is merely a syntactic convenience to group certain
  adjectives together.

> Also, with the "serial" adjective, is that right to think
> of it as two things:
>

> (1) A description of the journal where the "text" has been published, and
> (2) A description of the "positioning" of the "text" in that journal?

  Only the latter.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel