[AMF-talk] RePEc AMF Data Set for BKN

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Thu Feb 5 12:40:05 EST 2009

  Frederick Giasson writes

> Okay good. so "ispartof" is used in the sense of "ispartof" and
> "ismemberof" right?

  Yes. I thought that otherwise this would create too much
  confusion.

> Considering what you said above, what I said above doesn't stand anymore
> since we could have:
>
> <person> <ispartof> <organization>
>
> where "ispartof" has the "ismemberof" meaning. Did I follow your logic?

  Yes.

> So, we would have these two possibilities:
>
> (1) <person> <ispartof> <organization>
> (2) <organization> <ispartof> <organization>
>
> Where ispartof has different meaning. Right?

  Not necessarily, it depends on the nature of the
  organization. Consider an individual congregation in a church vs a
  member state in NATO.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel