[AMF-talk] RePEc AMF Data Set for BKN

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Thu Feb 5 14:19:35 EST 2009

  Frederick Giasson writes
> Hi Thomas,
>

> Another couple of questions for you:
>

> 1- for the "file" container, isn't the <file>...</file> tag that should
> be repeated (and not what we have inside this element)? At least this is
> what the schema suggest (and the text as well) I think. I am asking the
> question because I found this in one of the files:
>
>  <file>
>   <url>http://www.geekeconomics.com/articles/thefile.pdf</url>
>   <format>application/pdf</format>
>   <url>http://www.geekeconomics.com/articles/thefile.html</url>
>   <format>text/html</format>
>  </file>
>

> which I think should be:
>

>  <file>
>   <url>http://www.geekeconomics.com/articles/thefile.pdf</url>
>   <format>application/pdf</format>
> </file>
> <file>
>   <url>http://www.geekeconomics.com/articles/thefile.html</url>
>   <format>text/html</format>
>  </file>

  Yes. What record id?

> Is that an error in the AMF code generator, or I didn't notice something
> in the spec or schema?

  No, it is an error that I will fix for you.

> 2- For the "serial" container, is there cases where you have multiple
> <serial> elements defined for the same "noun"? The schema make this
> possible,

  because schema does not allow to constrain the occurance without
  imposing order onto the elements. At least that is my understanding.

> but I am no sure it is the case. And if it is the case, could
> you tell me what would be the meaning of multiple serials for the same
> "text"? (would it be the case where a single article become published in
> two different journals?).

  It should not be there, if it is please report.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel
                                               skype: thomaskrichel