[repec-help] step-by-step instructions

Engelhardt, Danielle dkbishop at wsu.edu
Mon Sep 15 13:54:45 EDT 2008

On the instructions, I think one of the items that I had the most
difficult time doing was getting lost.  I think down in the
instructions, when you provide a link, i.e., "Get an archive code", when
you go to the archive code page there should be a link to go back to
this "stepbystep" page, that way you are working off the same page you
started with.  I know the "Continue to" is provided on the other pages,
but generally people don't memorize what was on the last page so don't
realize it might be the same information.

I think we can take off the "Step-by-step tutorial start" link since
it's the page we are currently on.  On the "Get me straight to the
documentation", I think that should come after the "Step-by-step
tutorial map"

I really liked the "tutorial map".  I think it was pretty
self-explanatory, once I got the hang of it.  I do think that when you
click on the link, the information should appear below the link instead
of taking you to a different page.

I like the idea of screen shots also, I think they are used the
"Step-by-step tutorial map".  I'm not sure how long it would take to
make a video or what you would make a video of.

I also think we don't need an excessive revision.  Just tune up what we
have.

In the first paragraph, I think we should update the statement since we
are well into 2008.

Under "The principle"  where is says "...(ASCII) file using any text
editing program."  I would add "text editing program (i.e., Notepad)."