[RePEc-announce] RePEc in October 2017

'Christian Zimmermann' zimmermann at stlouisfed.org
Sun Nov 5 20:50:52 UTC 2017

https://blog.repec.org/2017/11/05/repec-in-october-2017/

A group of RePEc volunteers met last month in St. Louis and discussed for
two days all sorts of issues. Over the next months, users will notice
changes resulting from that meeting. For starters, we have

     reworked the conditions for the use of RePEc data,
     opened up some of our internal mailing lists to allow others to
participate in the discussions,
     created a wiki for RePEc,
     opened a GitHub account,
     have now an official Twitter account.

Speaking of Twitter, we have now listings of economists on Twitter by
country. In more regular business, we have counted 567,065 file downloads
and 1,920,977 abstract views and welcomed the following new archives: Bank
of Korea, Fondazione Luigi Einaudi, Journal of Mechanism and Institutional
Design, National Bank of Ukraine, Gebze Technical University, Pontificia
Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, and Universitas Gadjah Mada. As for
the milestones we have reached, we have

2,400,000 listed items
4,000 books with extracted references
1,000 economists with linked Twitter account
125 topics on RePEc Biblio

Christian Zimmermann                          FIGUGEGL!
Economic Research
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
P.O. Box 442
St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA