[RePEc-announce] problems with mail to repec at repec.org

Kit Baum baum at bc.edu
Wed Apr 9 11:22:38 EDT 2008

I imagine it does, because the only way Thomas and I could figure out
how to resolve the inbound flood is to direct any mail for repec.org
to a black hole. But as he noted, moving the repec.org MX target from
my server to his caused hundreds of megabytes of logfile entries to
appear in an hour. No machine is going to behave reliably with that
kind of load. My server last weekend was at times 50% consumed by
nslookupd, checking the reverse DNS addresses on all those junk
messages.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html