[RePEc-announce] RePEc in December 2006

Christian Zimmermann christian.zimmermann at uconn.edu
Thu Jan 4 13:47:46 EST 2007

Happy New Year to all!

RePEc has made great strides over the past year, and we are looking
forward to an even better 2007. 160 new archives have been added over the
past year, adding close to 100,000 new items to the bibliographic
database, now topping 450'000. 1500 new authors registered, the number of
listed journals went up 25%, we reached a total of 20 million recorded
downloads and 100 million abstract views.

Now regarding just last month: we got 449,702 file downloads and 1,647,245
abstract views, bringing the yearly total to a record 5,625,779
and 22,910,032. The ranking analysis for authors and institutions now
includes two new criteria, bringing them to 25: downloads per author and
abstract views per author. Finally, for the thresholds passed during the
month, we have:

100000000 Total cumulated abstract views
70000000  Total cumulated paper abstract views
450000    Items listed
400000    Total cumulated software item downloads
200000    Online articles
140000    Online papers
80000     Papers with JEL codes
70000     Articles with citations
45000     NEP subscriptions

Christian Zimmermann                                     FIGUGEGL!
Department of Economics
University of Connecticut
341 Mansfield Road, Unit 1063
Storrs, CT 06269-1063