[rclis] Welcome Ed!

Antonella De Robbio rclis@lists.openlib.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:56:52 +0100

Hi Ed and Thomas!

>  Acutally, we did talk last night. We tossed around a few ideas,
>  the one that suck was  arranging for  AMF support in eprints.

That 's a good idea

> Ed
>  thinks that eprints is great.

I think so too.

Furthermore from January 29th 2003 EPrints has a new tool available, named ParaTools
It is an offshoot of OpCit and it can also be integrated into EPrints 2 - see:
http://software.eprints.org/docs/php/howto.php#how%20to:%20make%20the%20referencetext%20field%20link%20to%20the%20items%20referenced
for more information]

ParaTools is a set of Perl modules for the handling
of references. It includes:

 - Reference parsing modules and templates
 - Document parsing modules (Experimental)
 - OpenURL creation/processing routines
 - Parsing examples
 - Web Service examples

I have interested to implement ParaTools inside E-LIS which is supporting 2.1.1.
EPrints pepper version

> For rclis would be better in the long run
>  to have eprints support AMF, rather than downloading the oai_dc,
>  gain some intelligence about the full text externally and then apply
>  that intelligence to each of the papers. Ed would like to see an operational
>  archive and I told him that I thought that Antonella shall be pleased
>  to show hers, I guess.

Sure! I am very pleased to show to Ed our operational archive.
I am leaving for Zurich, because I will take part to the Berlingen
brainstorming on the Digital
Math Library project. I will came back next week.

Thank you to Ed and Thomas
Cheers,
Antonella