[rclis] Archive Ouverte en Sciences de l'Information et de la Communication

rclis@lists.openlib.org rclis@lists.openlib.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:09:59 +0200

>  We will need to get into bed with these guys. Does anyone
>  know any of them personally.

No I don't know any of them personally, but I can still
try ;-)

>  I can call the bloke and talk to him, since I speak French
>  it helps a lot... But I figure we first neeed a web site.

I agree. First of all we need a web site, because only after
implementing our OpenArchive (we must find the name for it)
we will realize the technical difficulties or organizational problems beh=
ind
it.
Their version is the same as the one I am working with, and it is great!

I am finished with the experimental phase with my server in Padua and now=

we are setting up the definitive server in Italian, about our institution=
al
OA.

We must customize it as regards some organizational and graphical aspects=
,
last but not least the hierarchical tree.
The OA structure is the main point, therefore the hierarchical tree is th=
first thing we must think about.

We must also think about our target: who can post and what.
I.e. LIS and CS surely
Which countries (Europe only?)

We have to keep these objectives in mind, before starting

Cheers
Antonella