[rclis] rclis homepage

Thomas Krichel rclis@lists.openlib.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:46:11 -0500

  mail to rclis@openlib.org will be redirected to me and jmbc. I will shoulder
  prime responisibilty for answering. I would be grateful for help.
  Note that this address is temporary until we get the domain.

  Fernanda, when registering, please quote

  primary dns server: fafner.openlib.org 209.139.1.128
  secondary dns server: arcano.openlib.org

  I have been doing a simple dns file,

$TTL    604800

rclis.org. IN SOA fafner.rclis.org. krichel.openlib.org. (
             2002082700         ; Serial
             10800              ; Refresh after 3 hours
             3600               ; Retry after 1 hour
             5126400            ; Expire after 8 weeks
             86400              ; Minimum ttl of 1 day
)

; name servers
rclis.org.                      IN      NS      fafner.openlib.org.
rclis.org.                      IN      NS      arcano.openlib.org.

; individual machines
rclis.org.                      IN      CNAME    arcano.openlib.org.
lists.rclis.org.                IN      CNAME    lists.openlib.org.
fafner.rclis.org.               IN      CNAME    fafner.openlib.org.
fasolt.rclis.org.               IN      CNAME    fasolt.openlib.org.
arcano.rclis.org.               IN      CNAME    arcano.openlib.org.
xerces.rclis.org.               IN      CNAME    xerces.openlib.org.

; mail record
rclis.org.                      IN      MX       1      arcano.openlib.org.

  which ties everything to the openlib architecture, that may
  not be a good idea but gives us something to start.

  Note that as long as this mailing list is hosted by
  the server where it is now (fafner), it will have
  to stay in the openlib.org domain. I read that support
  for several domains on the same mailman installation
  is limited, and I don't want to try my luck setting it
  up. Thus if you want to run the list in rclis.org,
  a new server will have to be found. One we have
  a server I will be quite happy to help to move
  the list there.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                                   mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                              http://openlib.org/home/krichel