[ReLIS] The end of ReLIS that is a new life for ReLIS

Thomas Krichel krichel@openlib.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 04:31:29 -0500

  Antonella De Robbio writes

> To rename the list is not a big problem, the problem is to upgrade the
> metadata inside ReLIS/DoIS. Up up to now  we have collected over 10.000
> metadata, where for each is present "ReLIS" inside "handle" field
> structure.
> What about this matter?

  JMBC will be in the big apple arriving tommorrow. We will discuss
  the situation and develop a plan, to be submitted to the list.

> b - we may wish to rename DoIS to DoCIS (sounds better IMHO), but
>   we will need a few symbolic link.
>
> That sounds better ...sure ... I hadjust now requested for domain
> registration for Italian DoIS www.dois.it ;-(

  Actually, even docis.org is still free. Docis.com is taken
  by some DNS shark company.

> I feel me very enthusiastic to work inside Research Index with an
> Autonomous Citation Index system for our LIS area documents, but we have
> maybe to consider a cooperation with ERCIM project (NCSTRL) which is
> tailored on computer science areas.

  Sure. The got big $$$ from the EU at one time and developed
  the multi-linugal interface to NSCTRL. Have they preserved
  the contents of NCSTRL?

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                              mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                         http://openlib.org/home/krichel