[OAI-eprints] early institutional eprint archives

Peter Suber peters@earlham.edu
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:50:10 -0500

--=====================_207676833==_.ALT

I'm trying to make sure that my FOS Timeline
<http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/timeline.htm> includes the landmark
institutional eprint archives:  those that are very early, very influential
or both.  For example, were there any notable institutional eprint archives
prior to the 1999 launch of OAI?  And after the OAI launch, which were the
early adopters?

I'm fairly confident that I have the landmark disciplinary archives, but I
suspect there are some important institutional archives not yet on my list.

If you can help me with the names of important archives, their URLs, or
their launch dates, I'd appreciate it.  I can look up the details that you
might not have.

Of course I'd also welcome suggestions for other landmark events missing
from the timeline.

      Thanks,
      Peter

----------
Peter Suber, Professor of Philosophy
Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana, 47374
Email peters@earlham.edu
Web http://www.earlham.edu/~peters

Editor, Free Online Scholarship Newsletter
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/
Editor, FOS News blog
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html
--=====================_207676833==_.ALT

&lt;<a href="http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/timeline.htm" EUDORA=AUTOURL>http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/timeline.htm</a>&gt;
includes the landmark institutional eprint archives:&nbsp; those that are
very early, very influential or both.&nbsp; For example, were there any
notable institutional eprint archives prior to the 1999 launch of
OAI?&nbsp; And after the OAI launch, which were the early adopters?&nbsp;
but I suspect there are some important institutional archives not yet on
my list.&nbsp; </div>
or their launch dates, I'd appreciate it.&nbsp; I can look up the details
that you might not have.&nbsp; </div>
missing from the timeline.</div>

<hr>
Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana, 47374<br>
Email peters@earlham.edu <br>
Web
Editor, Free Online Scholarship Newsletter<br>
Editor, FOS News blog<br>