[OAI-eprints] e-print software

Thomas Krichel krichel@openlib.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:50:49 -0500

  pelizzar@eco.unibs.it writes

> I'd like to implemet an e-print oai compliant server in my
> university, managed by the library.  I'd like to know which are the
> available software. I'm aware of eprints.org. Are there other
> products available?

  DSpace will be released by a consortium lead by the MIT libraries
  some time soon, forgot when.

> Which is the best one?

  Hard to write because DSpace is not released.

  I would suggeest you go a long with eprints. There are already
  a number of Italian institutions using it, and you can create
  a support group to help each other.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                                   mailto:krichel@openlib.org
                                              http://openlib.org/home/krichel