[nesos-editors] [NEP-editors] sorting function

Bernd Hayo hayo at wiwi.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 24 12:28:17 UTC 2014

Dear Thomas,
Thanks very much for your efforts! This sounds very promising to me.

>   * If you want me to rank the lowest number first, let me know.

I think the lowest number would be a more natural choice and would be
independent auf the number of papers in an issue.

>   * If you want me to make the form sticky, let me know. A sticky
>     form is where the values in the boxes will remain there after you
>     have made the first sort.

I think non-sticky is the more flexible option.

>   * If you want me to prepopulate the form, with say, integer numbers,
>     starting with the number of papers in the issue in the first box,
>     and then each box having a number that is one less than the
>     previous box, I can do that too.

If you want to put in numbers right from the start, I would make them
ascending. However, I am not sure that this is a good idea in the first place.

Best regards,
Bernd

On 24 Nov 2014 at 11:49, Thomas Krichel wrote:

>   Editors,
>
>   You may recall that the sorting function recently stopped working.
>
>   I have been working on the weekend on software to replace the
>   current code of the sorting function. I will take ernad down to
>   inject this code sometime this week, I will give 24 hours notice.
>
>   I hope the code will be more flexible than the current code.  You
>   can fit anything you like, up to six characters, into the boxes. If
>   you place nothing, or place something that the machine can not
>   interpret as a number, the value in the box is assumed to be zero.
>   The paper with the highest number is placed first.  You can use
>   negative number such as "-2" or even "-3/4".
>
>   I have some points for discussion before I proceed.
>
>   * If you want me to rank the lowest number first, let me know.
>
>   * If you want me to make the form sticky, let me know. A sticky
>     form is where the values in the boxes will remain there after you
>     have made the first sort.
>
>   * If you want me to prepopulate the form, with say, integer numbers,
>     starting with the number of papers in the issue in the first box,
>     and then each box having a number that is one less than the
>     previous box, I can do that too.
>
> --
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
>                                    skype:thomaskrichel

Bernd Hayo
Professor of Macroeconomics
Marburg Centre for Institutional Economics (MACIE)
School of Business and Economics (FB 02)
Philipps-Universität Marburg
Universitätsstr. 24
D-35037 Marburg
Germany