[nesos-editors] sorting function

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Nov 24 11:49:43 UTC 2014

  Editors,

  You may recall that the sorting function recently stopped working.

  I have been working on the weekend on software to replace the
  current code of the sorting function. I will take ernad down to
  inject this code sometime this week, I will give 24 hours notice.

  I hope the code will be more flexible than the current code.  You
  can fit anything you like, up to six characters, into the boxes. If
  you place nothing, or place something that the machine can not
  interpret as a number, the value in the box is assumed to be
  zero. The paper with the highest number is placed first.  You can
  use negative number such as "-2" or even "-3/4".

  I have some points for discussion before I proceed.

  * If you want me to rank the lowest number first, let me know.

  * If you want me to make the form sticky, let me know. A sticky
    form is where the values in the boxes will remain there after
    you have made the first sort.

  * If you want me to prepopulate the form, with say, integer numbers,
    starting with the number of papers in the issue in the first box,
    and then each box having a number that is one less than the
    previous box, I can do that too.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel