[CoDeP] Committee on Deceptive Publishing

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Oct 17 16:47:55 UTC 2016

  Marco LiCalzi writes

> >> Deception is important too, but my contribution would be based on
> >> emotion rather than knowledge,
> >
> >  Deception is something we can actually prove.
>
> This point is important. I expect that we act rationally, not emotionally.

  Sure and this is why I came up with the term.

> If certain conditions (to be decided) occur, a journal is labelled
> by RePEc as “deceptive” and its coverage dropped.

  Well, something like that. RePEc is de facto, albeit not de
  jure public information. Once we have indexed records, we can't
  completely be sure they will be erased. There is also the option
  to add data to RePEc about the decision taking by the task
  force.

--

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel