[CoDeP] the Bentham case: be comprehensive

Jorge Miguel Streb jms at ucema.edu.ar
Tue Dec 13 16:01:40 UTC 2016

Kit,

Good point. The implication of having no limits on the scope of the journals goes beyond Bentham: if the publishers can list what they please, RePEc can end up covering all the fields of science.

The only thing we can evaluate is Technology Transfer and Entrepreneuship. The board clearly has nothing to do with academics from Business or Economics, it is composed of a bunch of physicians that call what they do "business". The journal seems to be legitimate, given those qualifications. My suggestion is to err on the side of being too comprehensive rather than being too strict, but this is just my opinion. I might not foresee other consequences.

Kind regards,

Jorge