[cgiapp] AutoRunmode vs Apache issue

Stephen Carville scarville at lereta.com
Thu May 25 11:20:18 EDT 2017

On 05/25/2017 03:04 AM, Simon Cruickshank wrote:
> Lereta Email Checkpoint: External email. Please make sure you trust this source before clicking links or opening attachments.

> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if this is a little off topic or has been answered before.
>
> I used the tutorial at http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=622071 to
> create a website. It works great, but I have an issue with configuring
> Apache to play nice with AutoRunmode
>
> I can configure apache so that
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/WebApp.pl/thisrunmode works.
>
> But I want to simplify the url to http://localhost/thisrunmode but
> when I configure the DirectoryIndex of the home directory to be
> /cgi-bin/WebApp.pl it breaks AutoRunmode so the shortened URLs no
> longer work.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction as to whether it is
> possible to achieve this with the right Apache configuration.

I have never used autorunmode so this may be full-of-merde:

LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

<VirtualHost ip.add.re.ss:443>
  ServerName foo.example.org
  DocumentRoot /var/www/cgi-bin
  DirectoryIndex WebApp.pl

  (etc)

</VirtualHost>

** Sorry if this is a duplicate.  The first message was (maybe) bounced.

--
Stephen Carville
Serf Without Portfolio
scarville at nospam.lereta.com