[cgiapp] AutoRunmode vs Apache issue

max.augsburg at gmx.de max.augsburg at gmx.de
Thu May 25 07:46:25 EDT 2017

Hi, Simon,

I think that DirectoryIndex is the wrong option (I think this option is only for the case,  that your page is requested without any path argument (especially instead of the the usualyl called index.html). You have to rewrite all requests over your CGI-script. I have the following .htaccess setting:

DirectoryIndex /cgi-bin/WebApp.cgi
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /cgi-bin/WebApp.cgi/$1 [QSA,L]

But I am also not very familiar with setting up Apache... At the moment I run my webpage over Plack. There is the setting a little bit different..

I know that setting up Apache, is a little bit tricky. I hope, I could help a little bit. If you have further questions, you are highly welcome..

Best wishes,
Max