[cgiapp] CGI::Application::Plugin::REST -- any users out there?

Bill.Costa at unh.edu Bill.Costa at unh.edu
Wed Feb 4 15:13:25 EST 2015

I used CGI::Application for a personal project many years ago and
liked it, but had to stay with my own homegrown framework for my
projects at work, given the investment involved.

But I now have a chance to start a project with a clean sheet of
paper, so I'm shopping for a framework to implement some simple
web services using REST.  I looked at Dancer2 and it is nice and
all, although perhaps a bit more magic than I am comfortable
with.  In contrast C:A looks more like an old friend.  Speaking
as someone who is also, ahem, mature, I don't see that as a bad
thing in a coding platform.

CAP:REST also looks promising, so I was wondering if anybody is
currently using it?

While I'm not a fan of XML, I want to support it for
completeness.  It's a mild disappointment that there isn't
already a C:A module for that, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be
too hard to add.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28236767/how-can-i-use-xml-serializer-in-perl-dancer2

or http://tinyurl.com/nokhwfj

...BC