[cgiapp] Login/logout example no longer functional?

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Mon Jun 27 23:53:07 EDT 2011

Hi JC

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 22:02 -0400, J.C. Wren wrote:
> I was interested in giving C::A a quick spin, so I copy-n-pasted the
> demo login/logout code from
> http://cgi-app.org/index.cgi?LoginLogoutExampleApp
>
> Running this results in:
>
> $ perl index.pl
> Error executing run mode 'index': HTML::Template->new() : likely
> recursive includes - parsed 10 files deep and giving up (set
> max_includes higher to allow deeper recursion). at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/HTML/Template.pm line 2294.
>  at index.pl line 4

The error msg tells me you've got recursion happening, so the obvious
thing to suggest is that you've saved one (or more!) of the templates
with the wrong name, so that it tmpl_includes itself, either directly or
indirectly via another template.

So - proofread your work!

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622