[cgiapp] Sessions leaking with FastCGI

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Fri Jun 17 02:20:33 EDT 2011

Hi Mark

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 21:42 -0700, Mark F wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Victor Bruno <vicdamone at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am also beginning to wonder if mod_perl isn't a more proven alternative.
> > I was just looking at an old message from Cees Hek in the cgiapp archive
> > that discusses the different options for using mod_perl.
>
> I've got a feeling you'll see the same problem with another persistent
> environment. If fastcgi were mixing up sessions, I think there'd be
> more talk about it. :)
>
> It would be a good test if you could transition quickly to Plack or
> mod_perl just to see if the problem continues.

I strongly suggest moving to Plack. It's incredibly simple to switch.

These should help:

http://savage.net.au/Perl/html/plack.for.beginners.html

http://savage.net.au/Perl/html/session.management.with.plack.html

Since it's a persistent environment, you still need to take all the
usual precautions about avoiding global variables, flushing session
objects, etc, etc.

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622