[cgiapp] Open source applications written using CGI::Application

Ron Savage ron at savage.net.au
Mon May 30 05:02:51 EDT 2011

Hi Gabor

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 11:30 +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking for some examples of applications written
> using CGI::Application that are open source and preferable
> even on CPAN. Here is what I found:
>
> I looked at the wiki: http://cgi-app.org/index.cgi?Examples
> and I keep wondering.
>
> - Krang http://www.krangcms.com/ was last touched 2 years ago (is it
> still used?)
> - AnyMail the link is 404 and I could not find AnyMail on their main
> page either.
> - Yapcom (mine) has not been touched for ages. The code is still there
> but I am not
>   sure it is really a good example
> - CPAN::Forum  (mine) did not see many changes recently nor is the
> site particularly  active.
>

> - App::Office::Contacts and
> - App::Office::Contacts::Donations
>   are on CPAN. I'll take a look at them.
>
> Ron, are they already production ready applications?

Yes.

> Can they run on a windows machine with a Perl based web server?

The recent one marked below ships with both a CGI script and a packup
script. Whenever I refer to plackup, you could use Starman.

Have you tried those?

The older ones all ship which a standard CGI script, which uses
CGI::Application::Dispatch.

> If so, how?
>
> -Smolder - if I am not mistake in is using CGI::Application but it is not listed
>
> Are there any open source CGI::Application based usable applications out there?

Business::AU::Ledger - Not really production ready

Business::Cart::Generic - Production ready. Recent

CGI::Application::Demo::* - Production ready but only educational

CGI::Application::Test::* - Ditto

CGI::Application::Util::* - Ditto

All my apps use YUI V 2 or V 3.

If you have installation problems, please let me know and I'll fix them.

My policy is that these programs should /always/ be installable.

http://savage.net.au/
Ph: 0421 920 622