[cgiapp] Anonymous home page editing?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon May 16 08:23:59 EDT 2011

On 05/14/2011 02:20 AM, Joshua Miller wrote:
> Is there a reason the home page can be modified by anyone sans-registration
> and sans-approval?

No good reason. Does anyone want to be the "wiki admin" and see about
making that change with the current software, or moving us to a
better/newer wiki platform?

> I noticed some spam links were added, and removed them. It's easy enough to
> remove, but seems like some sort of protection wouldn't hurt (email address
> registration with captcha, or require manual approval of changes or of
> users?). It probably doesn't matter a whole lot, since it has low traffic
> and a small dedicated group. Just felt a bit weird that it was so easy to
> modify.

This important. Eventually people will get worn down by fighting spam
and give up. We should do better. I think our site has not been targeted
so much because we use an uncommon wiki system.