[cgiapp] Anonymous home page editing?

Joshua Miller unrtst at gmail.com
Sat May 14 02:20:05 EDT 2011

Is there a reason the home page can be modified by anyone sans-registration
and sans-approval?

I noticed some spam links were added, and removed them. It's easy enough to
remove, but seems like some sort of protection wouldn't hurt (email address
registration with captcha, or require manual approval of changes or of
users?). It probably doesn't matter a whole lot, since it has low traffic
and a small dedicated group. Just felt a bit weird that it was so easy to
modify.

If the ease of modification (no registration) was shown to actually increase
participation significantly, then it'd make sense.... but I don't see much
activity on the site anyway.

This is almost 100% a third party opinion, cause I normally just lurk on
this list, but if I were wanting to actively contribute, I'd personally have
no problem registering and would not be offended if the registration had to
be manually reviewed before I could modify pages.

Anyway... thank you to whomever does provide valuable content on the site
and this list :-)
--
Josh I.