[cgiapp] Custom template tags

Michael De Soto mailman at quarghost.com
Tue Oct 12 16:33:26 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Michael Peters <mpeters at plusthree.com>wrote:

> That's the cleanest and fastest way to do it since the tag conversion just
> happens once at publish time when the content changes. But you could also
> have an H::T template at the dynamic side do the changes too. This isn't as
> good since it will incur a performance hit on every page view doing
> essentially the same thing, it's still a possibility if you can't (or don't
> want to) change the publishing process.

I see that MT has a callback that comes after the page is built but before
it's published. It seems that it would be pretty easy to inject the logic
here and be done with it. I haven't written a MT plugin in a long while, but
it doesn't look too bad. And the performance hit on doing it the other way
is a non-trivial thing. You make good points! Thanks.