[cgiapp] cgi::application::dispatch and modperl

Kurt Lidl kurt.lidl at cello.com
Mon Oct 11 13:08:38 EDT 2010

  On 10/11/2010 10:53 AM, Michael Peters wrote:
> On 10/11/2010 10:00 AM, Kurt Lidl wrote:
>
>> But, to follow up the "tighter integration" part of the answer: Is there
>> a good
>> example/resource that shows how this is done?
>
> I depends on what you want to do. One of the benefits of C::A is that
> it separates out your development from Apache so that your code can
> run on Apache/cgi, mod_perl, Fast CGI or something else.
>
>> I really like the way that I
>> get the right code running with CGI::Application::Dispatch, but I'd like
>> to know
>> where I should be looking to make this go to "the next step".
>
> What do you mean by "the next step"?

Well, if I'm willing to forgo running my CGI::Application code under
anything other than mod_Perl, how
would I go about wiring things such that I get one cgiapp_init per child
Apache process, rather than
hitting cgiapp_init on each request?

I've already got some code that only will run under mod_perl.  I am
interesting in figuring out what
other things I would have to change to take full advantage of mod_perl.
I'd rather not leave behind
CGI::Application, but I don't know where to read up on what further
steps I might take to weld together
CGI::Application and mod_perl.

Thanks.

-Kurt