[cgiapp] Incompatibility between CAP::Authentication and CAP::ActionDispatch

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 07:58:26 EDT 2010

There is a long standing bug report (39772
<https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=39772>) about
incompatibility between these two modules. Christian Walde recently
contacted me via github over the same issue. I can reproduce the issue,
and I have a test script to cover the case. So I will apply Christian's
suggested changes at least to the developer release.

However the more I look at it the more annoyed I am by ActionDispatch.

1.) There is some sloppy code in ActionDispatch that is documented in
41345 <https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=41345>.
2.) Some of the code is handled in the init callback and some in the
prerun callback. If it was all handled in the init callback then there
would be no need to change the Authentication module.
3.) ActionDispatch does not seem to have been changed in two years. Does
that make it mature or orphaned?
4.) AutoRunmode offers similar functionality but does not seem to have
the same problem.