[cgiapp] a question about FCGI

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 11:49:34 EST 2010

http://cgi-app.org/index.cgi?FastCGI gives example code on how to use
FCGI with CGI::App. Specifically,

use CGI::Fast();

while (my $q = new CGI::Fast){
   my $app = new MyCGIApplication(QUERY => $q);   # this is your CGI::App module
   $app->run();
}

It is not clear to me where the above code goes. I have an instance
script that uses C::A::Dispatch to launch the app. My App.pm has the
usual cgiapp_init{} and cgiapp_get_query { return CGI::Simple->new();
}. I have commented the latter because it seems CGI::Fast() comes with
CGI, not with CGI::Simple. Now, where does the CGI::Fast invocation
go?

Also, are there any benchmarks on comparing vanilla CGI::App, CGI::App
with mod_perl, and CGI::App with FastCGI?

Finally, I am assuming that CGI::Fast allows a persistent Perl process
to run... and that, this Perl process is going to be the process that
runs my application. Am I wrong in this assumption? What I am trying
to ask is... will it be just the perl interpreter that will be
persistent, and it will handle any and all web applications on my
computer? (many apps with virtual hosts) OR will it be a perl process
with all the modules relevant to each specific app, one process for
each application?

--
Puneet Kishor