[cgiapp] CGI::Simple as replacement for CGI not working?

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 17:40:26 EST 2009

Cees Hek wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Richard Jones <ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk> wrote:
>> App working fine with default CGI, but decided to see if it works with
>> CGI::Simple using the cgiapp_get_query() override. But instead of
>> rendering the page I get a popup: 'you have chosen to open
>> myapp_server.pl which is a Perl script ... what should Firefox do with
>> this file'. I can't fathom where the problem lies. Anyone been there before?
>
> I seems like maybe you aren't sending a content type header...
>
> LWP comes with a command line script called GET which is handy for
> fetching pages and looking at headers (there are also useful firefox
> plugins for this too).  Try this from your shell:
>
>    GET -ed http://mysite/myapp_server.pl
>
> That will dump the response headers to the screen.  Check to make sure
> the content-type is correct.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Cees,

Emulating the url I would use in the browser:
GET -ed http://localhost:8080/hmds

produced:

Connection: close
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:30:17 GMT
Client-Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:30:17 GMT
Client-Peer: 127.0.0.1:8080
Client-Response-Num: 1
Link: <http://localhost:8080/css/lims.css>; rel="stylesheet";
type="text/css"
Link: </css/autosuggest_inquisitor.css>; charset="utf-8";
media="screen"; rel="stylesheet"; type="text/css"
Link: </css/print.css>; media="print"; rel="stylesheet"; type="text/css"
Set-Cookie: CGISESSID=1459; path=/; expires=Thu, 19-Nov-2009 22:30:17 GMT
Title: HMDS Information Management System

I'm not familiar with the output of the GET command-line, but I think
the content-type looks OK (text/html) - no?
--
Richard Jones