[cgiapp] CGI::Simple as replacement for CGI not working?

Cees Hek ceeshek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:56:16 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Richard Jones <ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> App working fine with default CGI, but decided to see if it works with
> CGI::Simple using the cgiapp_get_query() override. But instead of
> rendering the page I get a popup: 'you have chosen to open
> myapp_server.pl which is a Perl script ... what should Firefox do with
> this file'. I can't fathom where the problem lies. Anyone been there before?

I seems like maybe you aren't sending a content type header...

LWP comes with a command line script called GET which is handy for
fetching pages and looking at headers (there are also useful firefox
plugins for this too).  Try this from your shell:

   GET -ed http://mysite/myapp_server.pl

That will dump the response headers to the screen.  Check to make sure
the content-type is correct.

Cheers,

Cees