[cgiapp] proposal for new cgiapp hook: loaded_html_tmpl

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Wed Nov 11 09:17:17 EST 2009

On 11/10/2009 08:56 PM, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> To proceed, I'd like to hear at least a small chorus of voices claiming that the they use
> the die_on_bad_params feature.

I use it sometimes, but grudgingly. If the goal is to separate the
design from the application behind that design, then this feature fails.
My designer has to include everything I pass to him in his template
somewhere. Even if we decide that something isn't necessary any more on
a certain page then he still has to include it or things break.

Of course we can update the backend code too, but then you can't update
one without updating the other. It makes phased rollouts difficult. And
if you have several sites with different templates using the same
backend code it gets even worse.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP