[cgiapp] [patch] CAP::MessageStack + CAP::FormState

Michael Graham magog at the-wire.com
Tue Oct 20 15:59:03 EDT 2009

> Considering the multiple parsing of the template: what if I would
> override the tmpl_file to the parsed output?
>
> sub _pass_in_messages {
>  my ( $self, $ht_params, $tmpl_params, $tmpl_file ) = @_;
>    $tmpl_file = \$t->output(); # ?
> }

How would that work?  The next load_tmpl hook in the chain would get a
string of html text with all of the HTML::Template tags filled in (or
left blank).  It would still have to parse the template again, except
there would be nothing to parse.

If anything, there should be a way of passing the template object itself
from one hooked sub to the next.

But this is problematic because each templating system uses its own
syntax...

Michael

--
Michael Graham <magog at the-wire.com>