[cgiapp] [patch] CAP::MessageStack + CAP::FormState

Michael Graham magog at the-wire.com
Mon Oct 19 22:47:45 EDT 2009

> a) hours
> I'll try to do spend the hours this weekend.

Cool!

> c) AnyTemplate
> I'm not shure if I didn't get it wrong, but doesn't CAP::AnyTemplate
> must know, what templating engine (is that really the term for it?)
> is used when calling the load_tmpl hook?

Sure, AnyTemplate can do this.  My point was that I didn't know if it is
better to change every template-related plugin (CAP::TT,
CAP::AnyTemplate, etc.), or whether it is better to change every plugin
that sets template params (CAP::FormState, CAP::MessageStack, etc.).

It seems like the consensus is to change every template-related plugin.

In addition to CAP::TT and CAP::AnyTemplate there are the following
template-related plugins that call the load_tmpl hook:

  CGI::Application::Plugin::HTDot
  CGI::Application::Plugin::HTCompiled

But, they're both HTML::Template based though, so maybe they don't need
to be changed?

> d) die_on_bad_params option defaults to true
> That's true. But as this behavior is deterministic, we can safely
> assume that if die_on_bad_params is not present, or not 0, it is 1,
> can't we?

My point was only that we can't use the presence of die_on_bad_params
as a substitute for figuring out the template class.

Michael

--
Michael Graham <magog at the-wire.com>