[cgiapp] Re: Powered by logos - first samples

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Sep 4 15:41:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:37:20 -0700
Mark Fuller <azfuller at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Mark Rajcok<mrajcok at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When I think of CGI::App though, I don't think of onions or leaves...
>
> I agree. The proposed logos are very nice. But, I don't get the
> connection to leaves.

Sometimes small frameworks are call "seed works". A framework can also be
thought of as the "roots" that your project grows on. The leaves are also small
and simple, like CGI::Application.

The colors and design convey something that is softer and simpler than large
framework which comes across a giant technical impersonal machine.

I agree there's some disconnect between the image of the leaves and the name
"Titanium", but I'm OK with that.